Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Information Explosion, CCK11

I have just finished the second Webinar about CCK11... and just discovered that I have to change the ways I do things... integrally.

In the last years, I had 4 main emails I manage periodically, subscribed to few interesting list services and social media. I have created an environment to manage the overflow of information I face everyday. I was successful on tracking the daily changes on FaceBook, the few hundred emails I get everyday, the twitts, RSS, summaries I get and had enough time to contribute to them and to Wikipedia. I was happy and well informed and evolving at a comfortable way.

With the CCK11 course, my exposure to knowledge has already multiplied by 10... and I did not start interacting yet... I think once I start "artifacting", or as the mooc video suggest: network, my daily intake of information will multiply unimaginably.

My old way of interacting with the information will not work. I need a new way. I hope I can figure out something soon to make good use of this experience... I will post it here once I know.

But hey, this is evolution.

One second: could this be considered my "artificat"? Is my topic "How to survive (manage) the overflow of information that connectivism create"? Maybe! Let me digest this mooc concept first before I commit. Reading time.

Detect language » Arabic


1 comment:

  1. You can connect to billions but you need to assign, select and target only who can collaborate... Otherwise it would be an overflow of connection points...

    ReplyDelete