Wednesday, June 22, 2005

GMA - How Do I see him Today

GMA is the internet name for General Michel Aoun... Today, I was reading about him and felt I need to write down what I felt today... I might change my mind tomorrow... which is a sign of evolution... but today, this is what I feel:

GMA is still living in the "independance" paradigm. He did not elevate to the "interdependance" level (check Steven Covey arguments.) The "independance" is much better than "dependance" but worse than "interdependance."

GMA creates enemies with those who disagree with him even if they agree with 80% of his line of thought... he needs to evolve to make alies with enemies based on the common things they agree on...

He rejected the offerings of Junmblat and Hariri although the 3 of them agree on 90% of the principles... while he made aliances with Franjieh and Al Mur (who traditionally disagree with GMA physical presence in Lebanon) simply because they declared that they agree on all his program... Every one in Lebanon knows this is not true... How can Franjieh create a new Lebanon if he braggs about being representative of Zgharta dominion only rather than a nationalestic representative? I cannot understand it... How can Al Murr agree on Lebanese reforms if he considers Al Maten his small empire? I do not know... GMA wants to have a nation wide multisectarian representation while he aligns himself with religeously driven, small circle infleuncial players and he fights those who created alliances with different "old time enemies" from all sects, religeons and geographic locations... I cannot understand...

So, GMA is one of two things: either he is naive and he is driven by his passion (see my Triad blog) which makes other deceptiv players manipulate him or he is machiavellan who aligns himself with any one who "bluffs" him on obedience... which makes him another dictator (like his old protege Saddam)...

As of today, with Lebanon emerging into the "interdependance" dawn... (see my other weblog), I see GMA is an obstruction rather than a solution... As I said... I might change my mnd because my history with Lebanon made me change my stand point a lot...

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment