Friday, January 25, 2013

Life of Pi - 1: Overview



My son pushed me to watch Life of Pi... and he was right! I watched twice, once as a download, and since I liked it and wanted to discuss it with my son, I watched in movies to contribute to its financial gain.

Since my son is really busy and cannot find time to discuss it with me, I will jot down some thoughts in preparation for our interactions. It will be divided over few posts.

The cinamatography

The cinematography is superb mixing reality with the wider space. I did not find the 3D made any difference. 2D would have been as good. The Direction is great. Since I did not read the book itself, I would like to know if the movie reflected all the ideas in the book.

One scene I like is the pristine piscine especially when Mamaji was swimming and you can see the sky from under the water...(6:20-6:40).

I like how facial expressions between writer and pi, between the father and mother tells a lot of meaning (10:00-11:00) The swimming fish (1:21:00) The nautical-cosmic world (1:22:55-1:25:55)

I will talk about other issues in later blogs. For now, check the movie trailer:





No comments:

Post a Comment