Friday, January 25, 2013

My US Trip, 2012: 17 Jul to 4 Aug, 2012

On June 28th, 2012, I set out to make my Grande US Tour. I tried to capture all the trip on Latitutde with my cel phone. You can see full dates and travel there. Here is a summary:

Part 1: East bound - June 17 till July 11, 2012


I drove eastbound to meet y wife and mother in law. Drove alone. Dates are captured through Latitude.

Fort McMurray > Lac Labich > Cold Lake > Meadow Lake > Green Lake > Prince Albert > Melfort > Yorkton > Russell > Portage La Prerie > Assiboea > Winnipeg > INTO US through ND  (Jul 1) > Grand Fork, ND > Saint Cloud > Minneapolis > Eau Claire > Edgerton > Jefferson Park > Chicago (Jul 2) > Hammond IN, > Lasing MI (Jul 3, saw Hani) > Ann Arbor > Detroit - > INTO CANADA through ON > Windsor, ON >  Kingsvile, ON > London, ON > Burlington (Jul 5 Saw Elache's) > Deseronto (See Norm) > Greater Napean > Odessa > Kingston > Fort Menry > Ottawa (saw El Barbirs and picked up my Mother-in-law) > Kingston (8 Jul) > Toronto > Burlington (picked up Sana)

Part 2: Trip with Sana and my Mother in Law  - July 11 - 21, 2012

The spike between Buffalo and Washington is due to lack of Communication Signal. Bell Canada did not work as promised.

It started on Jul 11 after Sana arrived by pane to Hamilton airport and we spend few days as a arge family.
Burington > Niagara Falls > INTO US through NY > Buffalo, NY > Garden View, PA > Loyalsock, PA > Washington DC (13 Jul) >  Baltimore > York > Petersbourgh > Reading > New Jersey (no signal) > New York City > Orangeburg (16 Jul, did service to the car) > Hariman > Middleton > Port Jarvis > Binghamton > Syracuse > Alexandria Bay (17 Jul, had a relaxation)> Back to Canada through Kingston >  Great Napean (19 Ju) > Etobicke > Burlington.

Sana leaves to Fort McMurray aon July 21 and I continue the trip on my own.

Part 3: My solo trip through US - July 21 - August 4th, 2012


I drove through the East and Mid West in the USA. My trip took this route

Notes:
a. I am listing the cities I stayed in for more than 3 hours.
b. the +'s indicate how much I enjoyed the experience in that city
c. the -'s indicate how much I hated I hated it.
d. Check my latitude record on Google for exact dates and routes.

Toronto > Buffalo, NY > Erie > Cleveland-  > Columbus+  > Cincinnati > Louisville ++ > Sheperdville > Elizabethtown > Nashville+ > Dickson > Memphis -- > Whitehaven > Grenada > Jackson > Brookhaven > Hammond > New Orleans +-+-++ > Houma > Bayou Cane > Gray > Lafayette > Houston + > Corisiana > Dallas ++ > Denton > Oklahoma City > El Reno > Shrebrook >  Amarillo >  > Roswell > Albuquerque > XXXX > Santa Fe + > Walsborough > Pueblo + > Coorado Springs ++ > Denver +++ > Chienne+ > Casper > Sherdan, CO > Great Falls > Medicine Hat > Lethbridge > Calgary > Edmonton > Fort McMurray (Reached on Aug 4th to reunite with Luay)

[I just noticed that y cell phone did now capture any of my trips in New Mexico... strange!]

With this trip, I can confirm that I have visited all US states except fot Alabama, Georgia and Alaska. Us chapter is closed.


No comments:

Post a Comment