Monday, September 8, 2008

Fairness

One of my employees sent me a nasty email and requested seeing me. The email was long. Of importance is a paragraph that states that he feels he is being treated unfairly. The reason is that another employee, who he considers to be of a "lower species" is being paid the same salary.

It was an excellent discussion with him where I convinced him to look at that individual in a different way, consequently, change his mind and discover that he is over paid compared to the other person!

Anyway, the message I want to convey here is the concept of fairness. One comment that my "Life Experience Juicer" gave me is this phrase: "Feeling unfair compared to another person happens when you allow yourself to compare your strength to his weakness". Wow, I was amazed about myself!. This has a lot of applications! When you hate someone... you look at his weakness and criticize him. To change your attitude towards him... search for his strength! Actually... mine for his strength... put the effort to see his goodness... I know my uncle told me this before: "We Eljamal, never say a bad word about anyone, we always convert their bad characters to positive comments..." I understood his words before... but now I have a different level of the meaning...

As I am blogging this instantaneous wisdom, I discovered I need to start a new habit: For each of my enemies... I need to find 5 good things about them... and I hope I will change my perspective about them...

No comments:

Post a Comment