Sunday, May 22, 2011

CI: Wikipedian Controlling Instincts

I have talked before about my experience with Wikipedia. As well, I mentioned in a couple of previous posts (here and here) that the Middle Eastern Revolutions should not be considered a FaceBook revolution, but a Wikipedian Revolution.

In this post, I will outline some terms that reflects the controlling instincts of a Wikipedian:

  • Stubbing: the drive to contribute

  • Idling: Make use if Idle Time

  • Tolerance: accepting difference

  • Collaboration: work with others without expecting return

  • Non-personification: can work with strangers

  • Contribution: sense of giving

  • Vim: taking initiative

  • copyleft: does not believe in copyright. Believes ideas are contributors to other bigger ideas and it does not matter who started it

  • manytasking: can work on more than one task at the same time.

  • Everchanging: change world around him is the norm.


I am still working on the right choice of words. And I will explain them in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment