Saturday, March 12, 2011

Trip to China

we just finished a visit to China with dear friends. It was a great trip in many levels: culturally, spiritually, personally and intellectually. I will write few posts about my impressions in few coming posts. Below is a snapshot.

Traveling with the right people is enriching. Although I bullied my ideas on my friend, I ended with wealth of discovery. Thanks to his patience, tolerance and wisdom. He always has that enriching impractical on me.

My initial impressions about the Chinese experience is a wow on the cultural magnificence of the country. But boon on the economic development. I felt the Chinese government is moving quickly from the agrarian culture to the industrial age... And missing on the knowledge age. This will put her a century lagging the rest of the advanced countries. In addition, I have noticed a lot of Western impact, but no real genuine Chinese stamped advancement. I have a gut feeling that the conception about Chinese economic supremacy is a myth. All cars on the roads are modern but all of them are European or American, although built in China. Except for one Duck cuisine franchise, all other entrepreneurship is westerner concepts. I need to make some research to indicate if the west is the real winner in the Chinese economic invasion!

Shanghai is a bit another story. It needs more in-depth analysis. Visiting it's deep streets indicates it is another Dubai success story. Yet, all the magnificent buildings are foreign investment.

More to come later.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment