Sunday, May 23, 2010

New Idea: How to determine if a course is onlineable?

I was preparing for a workshop about online training. The audience were teachers who never created an online material. I was wondering how can I tell them that not all courses could be converted to online courses. Then, an epiphany came. It is simple and based on known theories. But its uses are limitless.

The idea is to classify every course objectives into one or more of the following:
1- Behavior: if the objective encourages behavioral change.
2- Information: if the objective focuses on acquiring information.
3- Constructive: if the objective entices the learner to create their own knowledge.
4- Networking: if the objective aims at building knowledge through communicating with others.
5- Rhizomatic: if the activity is ...

oops... my son is calling be to drop him at work... I will continue later...

No comments:

Post a Comment